April 24, 2017
How much does an app cost is not just a commonly asked question but one of the first questions that every business owner asks right when the idea of having a mobile app pops in their head.
How Much Does an App Cost?
As a mobile app project manager, I answer to how much does an app cost? On a daily, or if I must say, hourly-basis. The question makes absolute sense because without having a clear, or even rough idea about what kind of money will be involved in the development process, the app idea cannot be locked.
A few years ago, my answer to how much does a mobile app cost question used to be around 10,000 to 15,000 USD. However, today, the app dynamics have drastically changed and whether it is the entrepreneur’s or customer’s requirements, app development tools or techniques, the overall scenario looks completely different.
Things to Consider while Estimating
Not only that the app development expenses and developer’s wages have significantly increased, businesses must also understand that the development cost always varies depending on their needs and requirements. While 10,000 – 15,000 USD were the numbers I quoted, like about 5 years ago, these figures were not for high-end apps that would look and feel like they are better than the rest of their competitors. Similarly, today, the costs of an app begin somewhere from a 15,000 to 20,000 USD and goes up depending on the client’s requirements.
While you plan your app, keep in mind the following factors so that you can estimate the costs right:
- The app costs are fundamentally based on features, complexity, and platform.
- Mobile apps with back-end servers usually cost more.
- Simple apps for one platform will start around $20,000.
- More complex mobile apps or hybrid ones cost six figures but may go over $1,000,000.
- Costs will also differ depending on who works on it, e.g. offshore or high-end agency.
- Always keep the updates, app marketing, your own salary and other costs while making the estimates.
No matter if you are clear on how much does a mobile app cost or still asking the question, the best way to get an accurate app development cost is to ask for a quote. Hope this blog post answers to how much does an app cost.